Sunday, July 4, 2010

Wimbledon Weekend


It was a good weekend - Serena Williams and Rafa Nadal both won singles championships at Wimbledon. It was so hot here today that I was glad to stay indoors in the morning and watch the tennis.I have also been working on my piece of stained glass that fell apart as I was making it. It is 32 X 12 and will fit in a frame I have. Where I will put it is another question of course.
I had to go into London to buy another square foot of gluechip (looks like frost on a window) as I keep breaking pieces. That is what the frame around the outside is while all the rest of the glass is textured in some way. Once I have it soldered and patinaed and puttied and cleaned and framed I will put up another picture.
I spent the rest of the day doing my month end report and doing some work on my next university project. I downloaded all the figures from work and then crunched the numbers at home. I am trying to get a few hours banked because I only have 1 weeks holidays left and I am taking two weeks and 1 day when Peggy and I go to Ireland.
I'm up to 5 Kiva loans - 1 in Togo, 2 in the Phillipines, one in Peru and one in Cambodia. I think my favorite is the man and his wife in Cambodia. He is a fisherman and his wife is a farmer and she wanted to borrow $100.00 to buy fertilizer for her crops. Four of us leant her the money. The two of them are supposed to be in their early thirties but they look like they are in their early twenties. This could be a mistranslation as sometimes I wonder about who is translating. My Lumber lady in the Phillipines is starting to pay me back and I should get 3 payments on August 1st. This is a lot of fun.
Anyway other then that the most exciting thing I did this weekend was the laundry. I would like to get the rest of the window put together and sodered by Thursday and then I will go into Edwards Glass and finish it. I probably won't blog again until then.

1 comment:

  1. I love that stained glass! It does look like Frank Lloyd Wright.

    ReplyDelete