Monday, February 27, 2012

End of the Month coming fast.

Another month has come and is almost gone. The basement has been sprayed (Waltite-Eco) and the drywall is waiting in the basement to be put up. It may have to wait a couple of weeks as the carpenter is going away to Florida for a week. I passed the audit and now I am waiting for the check from the Government. I am not going to start the upstairs bathroom until it comes. I saw a beautiful single sink vanity in Costco. Granite top, dark wood vanity, soft closing drawers, two storage spots, and an underhung sink. I just have to supply the faucets and plumbing.

I am up to 90 postcards sent and 87 received. I will post a couple of the latest tonight. The amazing one is the postcard to Russia I sent November 17th and after travelling for 107 days it finally arrived today. I think some of the missing postcards end up in the postman's own letterbox. I'm sure all the postmen and ladies who are members of postcrossing don't agree.

My stained glass store in town is going out of business. Her husband got a job in Northern Ontario and she decided she should move with him. I bought some old window frames and I would like to put stained glass in. I may even use one as a frame for a bathroom mirror for the renovated bathroom. Of course it would be nice if I finished up all the projects I have started before going on to another.

Peggy and I are gearing up for our trip to Washington, D.C. in May. I saw a nice restaurant on "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" last night. I think I will check it out. It is near Capital Hill and is supposed to be inexpensive. The helpings look huge so we may end up sharing. We also have to start planning for Portugal.  September here we come!!

 

1 comment:

  1. Hello
    I'm going to send you a postcard,hope you like it!
    Greetings
    Martine-Tortue

    ReplyDelete